Monday, January 25, 2010

EFTP Challenge: Week #4 Plan

The last week of January has arrived! This challenge has been harder than I thought in some ways, but not so bad in others. It's kind of a fun challenge to think of what I already have and see if I can put it to use in new and different ways, but I didn't succeed so well on the budget. However, I still think that I've done okay saving money in the long run by buying things as they are on sale, when I have coupons for them, etc. If I totaled up only what we consumed this month and no more, I'd have probably come in under budget anyway... or let's believe that I would. :)

The menu for the last week of January:

Monday 1/25 - spaghetti, broccoli, garlic bread
Tuesday 1/26 - chili dogs (using leftover chili), french fries, cottage cheese
Wednesday 1/27 - chicken fried pork chops*, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls
Thursday 1/28 - hamburgers, macaroni and cheese, baked beans
Friday 1/29 - crunchy garlic chicken*, baked potatoes, fruit
Saturday 1/30 - chicken cordon bleu, twice baked potatoes, green beans, rolls
Sunday 1/31 - tacos, fruit (plans changed last Sunday, so we'll eat this meal this week)

* denotes a new recipe I'm trying

No comments:

Post a Comment